Sound Health 2010
How does Long Island Sound measure up? Find out by downloading the Sound Health 2010 report. The report looks at indicators of the Sound’s health in the areas of water quality, coastal and animal populations, habitats, and land use.
STATUS AND TRENDS: LISS ENVIRONMENTAL INDICATORS
The Long Island Sound Study has recently updated the full set of environmental indicators that is used to produce the Sound Health report. [intlink id="49" type="category"]Status and Trends[/intlink] includes more than 60 indicators that track environmental conditions in Long Island Sound and management’s response to improve the health of Long Island Sound.
Ordering Sound Health
To order a hard copy, log onto www.epa.gov/nscep and paste SOUND HEALTH: STATUS AND TRENDS IN THE HEALTH OF LONG ISLAND SOUND, 2010 or order number 902R10002 into the search box.
Sound Points Web Links
Sound Points, a sidebar to the topic areas of the Sound Health 2010 report, included references to Web links to learn more about the species, habitats, water quality conditions, and development impacts that are measured by resource managers to assess the health of Long Island Sound. Below are the links listed in the individual topic areas as well as other links to help you learn more about the Sound and what you can do to protect the Sound..
Hypoxia + Nutrients
- [intlink id="hypoxic-dead-zones" type="post"]What’s a Dead Zone video[/intlink]
- Long Island Sound Water Quality Monitoring Program
- [intlink id="monitoring-the-sound-slideshow" type="post"]Monitoring the Sound slideshow[/intlink]
- [intlink id="hypoxia-poster" type="post"]What is Hypoxia poster[/intlink]
- Fish Trawl Survey report
- [intlink id="long-island-sound-fish-trawl-survey-slide-presentation" type="post"]Fish Trawl Survey slide show[/intlink]
- Article on squids in LIS
- [intlink id="inside-the-long-island-sound-food-web" type="post"]Inside the Long Island Sound Food Web diagram[/intlink]
- [intlink id="birds-of-long-island-sound" type="post"]Birds of Long Island Sound[/intlink]
- [intlink id="winter-birds-and-climate-change" type="post"]Climate change and winter bird populations[/intlink]
- NYSDEC bird species fact sheets
- [intlink id="the-12-types-of-habitats" type="page"]Critical Habiats of Long Island Sound[/intlink]
- [intlink id="habitat-restoration-database" type="page"]Habitat Restoration Database[/intlink]
- Seagrass Long Island website
- 2009 Eelgrass Survey
What You Can Do
Next → Sound Health 2012
← Previous Sound Health 2008