Executive Steering Committee
The Executive Steering Committee (ESC) is comprised of Policy Committee representatives at the assistant commissioner/division director level. The ESC meets at regular intervals (approximately three times per year) to provide upper-level management engagement in the LISS process and provide direction to the Management Committee on LISS programs and budgets.
- Joan Matthews, director, Clean Water Division, EPA Region 2
- Ken Moraff, director, Office of Ecosystem Protection, EPA New England
- Kathy Moser, assistant commissioner, Natural Resources, and James Tierney, assistant commissioner, Water and Watersheds, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- Betsey Wingfield, chief, Bureau of Water Protection and Land Use Reuse, CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
Membership and Function of the Executive Steering Committee
- Membership is comprised of Policy Committee representatives from the two EPA regions, NYSDEC, and CTDEP at the assistant commissioner/division director level.
- The ESC provides upper-level management engagement in the LISS process and ensures a high level of input on LISS policy, programs, and budgets to the Management Committee.
- The ESC functions to increase communication, understanding, and cooperation among the Policy Committee agencies.
- The ESC may invite speakers or hear presentations on topics of interest or include other members of the LISS Management Conference (e.g. CAC or STAC co-chairs) as needed to foster its work.
- The ESC provides advice to the Policy Committee, recommending items for Policy Committee consideration and approval and developing the agenda for Policy Committee meetings.
- Priority topics for ESC consideration include development of program priorities, budget allocations, leveraging resources and building participation in the Management Conference, and updating implementation action agenda agreements such as the LIS 2003 Agreement.