Citizens Advisory Committee
The Long Island Sound Study (LISS) Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) is a volunteer organization that provides ongoing advice to the Federal, state, and local government Management Conference partners working on implementing the Comprehensive Conservation and Management Plan (CCMP) for the restoration and protection of Long Island Sound. The CAC is governed by its By Laws enacted in 1988, and last amended in 2006.
Membership on the CAC is open to individuals representing environmental organizations, businesses, industries, local governments, and other public and private organizations in Connecticut and New York with a demonstrable interest in the restoration and protection of the Sound and its ecosystems.
The CAC meets quarterly on the second Thursday of March, June, September, and December in New York City and Stamford, Connecticut. Meetings are open to the public. Membership is limited to 60 voting members, who are approved by the CAC. Members are committed to the restoration and protection of the Sound, and must abide by the CAC By Laws to remain in good standing.
- Curt Johnson, CT Fund for the Environment/ Save the Sound, CT Co-chair
- Nancy Seligson, Town of Mamaroneck, NY Co-chair
- Patricia Aitken, Whaling Museum and Education Center at Cold Spring Harbor
- Paul DeOrsay, Friends of the Bay
- Carol DiPaolo, Coalition to Save Hempstead Harbor
- Kay Eisenman, Westchester County Department of Planning
- William Evanzia, J. B. E. Associates
- Daniel Fucci, Nassau County Public Works Department
- Martin Garrell, PhD, Adelphi University
- Jim Hutchinson, New York Sportfishing Federation
- Sean Mahar, Audubon New York
- Sara Goddard, Federated Conservationists of Westchester County
- Boyd McDonald, MWH Americas Inc.
- Donald McKay, Town of Huntington
- David Miller, NYLCUEF
- Jim Moriarty, Town of Oyster Bay Dept. of Environmental Resources
- Maureen Dolan Murphy, Citizens Campaign for the Environment
- Daniel Natchez, Daniel S. Natchez & Associates
- Eric Swenson, Hempstead Harbor Protection Committee
- Jennifer Wilson-Pines, Manhasset Bay Protection Committee
- Joel Ziev, Town of North Hempstead
- Allen Berrien, Milford Harbor Marina
- Sandy Breslin, Audubon Connecticut
- Chantal Collier, The Nature Conservancy
- Tanya M. Court, The Business Council of Fairfield County
- Fred Grimsey, Save the River/Save the Hills
- Jennifer Herring, Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
- Abbie McAllister, Saybrook Point Inn & Spa
- John McDonald, Darien Advisory Comm. on Coastal Waters
- Joel Rinebold, Joel M. Rinebold LLC
- Dianne Selditch, SoundWaters, Inc.
- Daniel Snyder, Shoreline Shellfish, LLC
- Tim Visel, The Sound School
- Howard Weiss, PhD, Project Oceanology
- Grant Westerson, Connecticut Marine Trades Association